Happy Hump Day!! Let me tell you guys about this meal I whipped up last night. I honestly didn't even plan on cooking, it kind of just happened. I've been hearing about people using spaghetti squash as a noodle substitute but never actually tried it. For whatever reason, I couldn't stop thinking about it yesterday. So after work I decided to go pick one up and give it a try. I threw a few ingredients together and surprisingly it came together nicely! *Recipe makes 2-3 servings*
This meal was sooo good!! I even got my picky hubby to eat it ;-) Give a try & let me know what you think.
1 Spaghetti Squash (2-3lbs)
1 cup Mushrooms, chopped
2 cloves of Garlic, mined
10 Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
1.5 cups Ragu Six Cheese Tomato Sauce
* Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
* Cut your squash in half, lengthwise and scoop out all the seeds & membranes
* Drizzle each half with olive oil and place face down on a baking sheet
* In a skillet over medium heat, add the mushrooms, garlic and a touch of olive oil
* Saute for about 8-10 minutes, until brown
* Add tomatoes and saute for another 5 minutes
* Once your squash is finished, take your fork and rake up each half to create the spaghetti
* Plate the squash, top with the sauce, a little parmesan cheese and serve!